Fall in Love with the Danube - Budapest to Vienna Cruise 2020
Join Judy Yirsa on a cruise along the Danube River!
Featuring Budapest & Vienna!
Nov. 8th, 2020 to Nov. 16th, 2020
Contact Judy @ (406) 378-2573
$1,859 (Price per person – based on double occupancy)
* Airfare not included
** Travel insurance is required but not included
*** Deposit: $650 will lock in rate and availability for the sailing, hotels,
and transfers. – Due by 3/15/2019 (while supplies last)
Fall in Love with the Danube - Budapest to Vienna
- 2 Nights at indicated 5 star hotel in Budapest Hungary
- 3 Nights onboard Avalon Waterways Imagery II.
- 2 Nights at indicated 4 star hotel in Vienna, Austria
- Onboard meals, including daily four-course a la carte dinners with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, dessert and Avalon Fresh healthy cuisine options
- Complimentary regional wine, beer or soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Included sightseeing with headsets and expert local guides
- Complimentary bicycles available for use on shore
- Onboard local entertainment
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- Gratuities onboard the Imagery II
- Private transfers between hotels and airports
- Private transfers between hotels and ship
- Hotel taxes and service charges
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Airfare – Pricing not available until January 2020
- Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners not outlined on itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities NOT onboard the Imagery II
- All other services not mentioned as included
Nov. 8th: Flight to Budapest
Nov. 9th & 10th: Budapest, Hungary
- Arrive in Budapest
- Enjoy 2 free days to discover, dine, and unwind in the captivating capital of historic Hungary.
(With plenty of free time to explore, experience the curative waters of Budapest’s thermal baths, or set out for a hike to explore the countryside on either side of the Danube. Take time to shop for treasures, including handcrafted embroidery, Herend porcelain, or Budapest’s best baked goods)
Nov. 11th: Budapest (Embarkation)
- Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm
(Spend free time strolling the cobblestone streets, browsing art galleries, sipping coffee, and sampling sweets before boarding your Danube cruise for a welcome dinner this evening)
- Evening/overnight cruise to Bratislava
Nov. 12th: Bratislava, Slovakia
Castles, Vineyards, and Cosmopolitan Culture
- Option 1: CLASSIC Tour - Join a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Old Town’s cobblestone streets to Town Hall. Visit the Gothic halls of St. Martin’s Cathedral–Kingdom of Hungary’s centuries–old coronation church,
- Option 2: ACTIVE Tour - Grab Nordic walking sticks and follow your Avalon Adventure Host on a Hike to Bratislava Castle.
- Option 3: Alternatively, in your free time take a bicycle and a picnic from the ship to explore the local sights along the Danube. Later, enjoy onboard entertainment by local musicians.
- Afternoon/overnight cruise to Melk
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Nov. 13th: Melk, Austria
Ornate Architecture and Scenic Splendors Awaken the Imagination and the Senses
- Option 1: CLASSIC Tour - Join a morning Guided Sightseeing Tour of Melk’s 11th–century Benedictine Abbey. Explore its frescoes, statues, library, and spectacular pipe organ in the monastery’s lofty perch above the Danube.
- Take a relaxing break on the Sky Deck as you sail through awe–inspiring views through the Wachau Valley and the wine region surrounding Dürnstein.
Idyllic Vistas and Vineyards Beyond the Blue Stiftskirche
- Option 2: ACTIVE Tour - Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a hike up the hillside to castle ruins for breathtaking views.
- Option 3: Spend free time in Dürnstein at your leisure or biking through the vineyards in the Wachau Valley.
- Overnight cruise to Vienna
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Nov. 14th: Vienna, Austria (Disembarkation)
A Feast for the Soul in Vienna–Music, Food, Art, and Architecture
- Option 1: CLASSIC Tour - Venture into the Habsburg empire with a morning Guided City Tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex–the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
- Option 2: DISCOVERY Tour -Take an Early Riser Walking Tour that includes breakfast at a Viennese café followed by an exclusive viewing of the Habsburg family’s private art collection at the Museum of Fine Arts–the perfect start to your stay in Vienna.
Nov. 15th: Vienna, Austria
- Enjoy a free day to explore the city at your own pace, before heading back to the airport for the trip home. (Spend free time with a tram ride to discover the adventure, tradition, and Viennese charm of The Prater amusement park. Visit one of Vienna’s marvelous museums and sample authentic Austrian pastries in a local bakery)
Nov. 16th: Vienna, Austria (Flight Home)
- Wrap up your time in Vienna before heading back to the airport for the trip home.
- 2 nights Budapest, Hungary at Iberostar Grand Budapest Hotel or similar
- 2 nights Vienna, Austria at Roomz Vienna Prater or similar